§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The person responsible in accordance with Art. 4 Para. 7 EU Data Protection Basic Regulation (DS-GVO) is Jan Schultheis; Neuheimstattweg 34, 36100 Petersberg; e-mail: email@example.com (see our imprint).
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data collected in this context after storage is no longer required, or restrict processing if there are legal storage obligations.
(4) If we wish to use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In this context, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in relation to the personal data concerning you:
– Right to information,
– Right of correction or deletion,
– Right to restrict processing,
– Right to object to the processing,
– Right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you use the website for informational purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or send us information in any other way, we only collect the personal data that your browser sends to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO):
– IP address
– Date and time of the request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (concrete page)
– Access status / HTTP status code
– Amount of data transmitted in each case
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk, assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the site that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
- a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
– Transient cookies (in addition b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
- b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes in particular session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
- d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website as a result.
- f) The Flash cookies used are not registered by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your end device. These objects store the required data regardless of the browser you use and have no automatic expiration date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you must install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by setting your browser to private mode. We also recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and browser history manually.
§ 4 Use of Jetpack / former WordPress.com-Stats
(1) This website uses the web analysis service Jetpack (formerly: WordPress.com-Stats) to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. Furthermore, we use the system for measures to protect the security of the website, e.g. the detection of attacks or viruses. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Automattic Inc. has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov. The legal basis for the use of Jetpack is article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
(2) For this evaluation, cookies (see § 3 for details) are stored on your computer. The information thus collected is stored on a server in the USA. If you prevent the storage of cookies, we would like to point out that you may not be able to use this website to its full extent. The prevention of the storage of cookies is possible through the setting in your browser or by clicking the button “Click here to Opt-out” at https://www.quantcast.com/opt-out/.
(3) This website uses Jetpack with an extension by means of which IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form directly after their collection in order to exclude the possibility of personal references.
(4) Information provided by the third party provider: Automattic Inc, 60 29th Street #343, San Francisco, CA 94110-4929, USA, https://automattic.com/privacy, and the third party tracking technology provider: Quantcast Inc, 201 3rd St, Floor 2, San Francisco, CA 94103-3153, USA, https://www.quantcast.com/privacy.
§ 5 Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: [Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Xing, T3N, LinkedIn, Flattr].1 We use the so-called two-click solution.2 This means that when you visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognize the provider of the plug-in by the mark on the box by its initial letter or logo. We give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked box and thereby activate it, the plug-in provider will receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer. In addition, the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, the IP address will be anonymized immediately after the data is collected, according to the respective providers in Germany. By activating the plug-in, your personal data is thus transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the case of US providers in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies via your browser’s security settings before clicking on the grayed-out box.
(2) We have no influence on the collected data and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, the purposes of processing, the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (also for users who are not logged in) for the purpose of presenting need-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider in order to exercise this right. Through the plug-ins we offer you the possibility to interact with the social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
(4) The data is passed on regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, the data we collect from you will be assigned directly to your existing account with the plug-in provider. If you click on the activated button and, for example, link to the page, the plug-in provider will also save this information in your user account and share it publicly with your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as you can then avoid being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the following data protection declarations of these providers. There you will also find further information on your rights in this regard and setting options for protecting your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data protection information:
- a) Facebook Inc, 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; https://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: https://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- b) Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- c) Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- d) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; https://www.xing.com/privacy.
- e) T3N, yeebase media GmbH, Kriegerstr. 40, 30161 Hanover, Germany; https://t3n.de/store/page/datenschutz.
- f) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has subjected itself to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- g) Flattr Network Ltd. with its registered office at 2nd Floor, White bear yard 114A, Clerkenwell Road, London, Middlesex, England, EC1R 5DF, Great Britain; https://flattr.com/privacy.
1) Our websites also contain AddThis plug-ins. These plug-ins allow you to set bookmarks or share interesting content with other users. Via the plug-ins we offer you the possibility to interact with social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
(2) Via these plug-ins, your internet browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of AddThis and, if applicable, the selected social network or bookmarking service. The recipients receive the information that you have called up the corresponding website of our online offer and the data mentioned under § 3 of this declaration. This information is processed on the servers of AddThis in the USA. [We have concluded standard data protection clauses with AddThis]. If you send content on our website to social networks or bookmarking services, a connection can be established between your visit to our website and your user profile on the corresponding network. We have no influence on the collected data and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, the purposes of processing, the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores these data as user profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider in order to exercise this right.
(4) If you do not wish to participate in this procedure, you can object to the data collection and storage at any time by setting an opt-out cookie with effect for the future: http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out. Alternatively, you can set your browser to prevent the setting of a cookie.
(5) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider as well as further information on your rights in this regard and setting options for protecting your privacy can be obtained from AddThis LLC, 1595 Spring Hill Road, Sweet 300, Vienna, VA 22182, USA, www.addthis.com/privacy.
§6 Use of Paypal
On our website we offer payment via PayPal among other things. The provider of this payment service is PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg (hereinafter “PayPal”). If you choose to pay via PayPal, the payment data you enter will be transmitted to PayPal. The transmission of your data to PayPal is based on art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO (consent) and art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO (processing for the performance of a contract). You have the possibility to revoke your consent to data processing at any time. A revocation does not affect the effectiveness of data processing operations carried out in the past.
§ 7 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the event that IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services to the website operator in connection with the use of the website and the Internet.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. This allows IP addresses to be processed in a shortened form, thus excluding the possibility of personal references. If the data collected about you contains a personal reference, this is immediately excluded and the personal data is immediately deleted.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has subjected itself to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DS-GVO.
(6) Information provided by the third party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, overview of data protection: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de, and the data protection declaration: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de.
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out using a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account under “My Data”, “Personal Data”.